12 December 2005

Excuses Excuses

If nothing else at this time of year, I've at least come up with a comprehensive list of excuses for avoiding going out for a run. Feel free to make use of these yourself if ever you have the need.

1. it's too cold
2. i just ate
3. I'm about to eat
4. My running clothes are in the wash
5. It's too slippery out
6. I am le tired.
7. it's too windy
8. It's snowing too hard
9. It's getting dark
10. My legs hurt
11. My back hurts
12. I just took a shower
13. I have to [insert Christmas-related task here]
14. It's 7 months to the Ironman, skipping this one run won't hurt.

And so on.

Actually it's not that bad, but I'm feeling bad because I did skip my weekend run this past weekend. Stupid stuff got in the way and then once I had some free time in the afternoon I just wimped out. I have been doing the midweek run-to-work routine as previously noted, although I am now finding that running twice within 12-13 hours is not a good idea. My legs are sore after the second run and they seem to stay that way for a couple of days, which is not good. I may get used to the workload eventually but then again it may just be a dumb thing to do, so I'm going to adjust the run-to-work routine in order to space out those 2 runs. Sadly, it looks like I may have to take the subway to work twice a week in order to make this work. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home