03 October 2005

TC XC OK

Running a 5k Cross Country the day after my longest run of the year could have turned out worse than it did - pretty much zero leg stiffness from the long run meant the XC race was free from physical complaints, and just the fact that I had an excuse to dog it made for a pretty relaxed run. I should use that tactic more often; I started out slow just to be sure there was no pressure to finish near the front (not that I would have - there are always a pack of speed geeks at these XC events) then just sort of cruised past everyone in the back half of the pack. Then passed a few more just for the heck of it. Too bad the course was mis-measured, I would like to have seen my 5k time. As it was, a 19:20 for that effort was a clear indication that the course was well short of 5k. Someone said 4.2 so that may be more accurate.

Something I've noticed is that the more I run the easier it gets. Well duh. I'll bet nobody has figured that one out before, eh? Maybe if I run every day... (sound of hand slapping forehead). It's all so obvious now! All these years of half-arsed training runs and too much couch-surfing in the winter have actually made it harder to run, not easier. Who would have thought?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home