09 September 2005

Rest Assured

I've just spent the last week (monday to friday) doing absolutely nothing, training-wise. And you know what? It felt pretty good.

My final tri of the 2006 season was last sunday in Guelph, an Olympic distance race and my 6th race of the year. I've been training steadily since, well, since last fall really, and it just seemed like a good idea to give it a rest for a week.

Rest is actually important, so I didn't feel too bad about it. Overtraining can lead to burnout, injuries and mental fatigue, say all the training manuals. So who am I to argue? I'll be back at it starting this weekend - the Toronto Marathon is coming up in October so I have to get my mileage up. More long runs in the program, and probably less swimming than usual at least for now.

The real IM training begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home