21 September 2005

What's My Motivation?

Man, it is hard to get motivated at this time of year. The 2005 tri season is over, I have only one race booked for the fall (Toronto Marathon mid-October) and the weather is awesome. Perfect for goofing off, especially mid-day when I usually head for the gym for some hoisting. I haven't been in the water since my last race on the Labour Day weekend, and even though I know I should be hitting the pool at least once a week it just doesn't seem that urgent. It's too easy to go for a lazy bike ride at lunch, say up to St Clair West for some delicious gelato. It's also pretty easy to slide over to Yonge Street for lunch and a breeze through the local used CD store. Ahh, September, bestest month of them all. Not too hot, no bugs, and christmas still way over the horizon...

Is this impacting my fitness? Could be. Sunday was a 1.75 hr / 1.75 hr ride/run brick, and I felt pretty empty towards the end of the run. Worse than I thought I should have, but who knows? Right now I should be working on getting my run mileage up in time for the marathon, not doing bricks. The great weather won't last forever though and I hate to waste a good riding day by not getting on the bike.

On that note, this weekend is a 160k ride in the Bancroft area, up in the Haliburton Highlands. Nothing but hills up there if my memory is correct, so it should be a great ride. I'll try to work in a run, maybe even after the ride if all goes well, though it may be not too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home