31 March 2006

100 Days

I have roughly 100 days now to get ready for IMLP . Since I lost 3 entire weeks of training due to the aforementioned back problems it is now almost like starting from scratch. Not quite, but being out of action for so long definitely interrupted my training groove.

As of this week I was back to the gym and the pool, and ventured out a couple of days ago for a very short run just to see how the back would feel. About 90% as it turned out, so that's good enough for me. The swimming felt ok too, though I've yet to do a session longer than 30 minutes. I'm not worried about the swim - I find I can swim for ages once I get into a good groove. I still have to plan some longer sessions though, it would be stupid not to.

Tomorrow (saturday) is another short(ish) run, likely a 10k-er just to see how I feel. Followed sunday by a long bike ride since the weather has turned warm this week and sunday is looking good enough to go for a few hours.

One hundred days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home