02 July 2006

The End is Nigh

Getting down to the end of the long training sessions now. Today was a 145k bike ride in a gale-force wind, so major training benefit but man was it a tough ride. I was down to 10 kmh at one point. When you ride out in the farmlands of southern Ontario you not only get some excellent rolling hills, you get miles of open land with nothing to break the wind. And I really hate the wind. I was knackered. Five and a half hours ride time, so do the math. Not that fast.

Tomorrow will be my final long run (20k+) not including next sunday's half marathon in the Peterborough Half Ironman. I said all along that I would not do the half so close to IMLP, but I've decided to do it now. I'll just be doing it at IM speed (ie. slow).

It will be good discipline too. Watching everyone fly past and not trying to reel them in (like I could anyway - lots of IM Canada hopefuls at this race) will be a good test of my patience and resolve to stick to the plan on race day. I'm just going to focus on eating properly, hydrating, and good form on the bike and the run. And the swim too, I guess.

After that the tapering begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home